[pct-l] Question

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 13:27:34 CDT 2011

The Tom Harrison maps are the best overall for the John Muir Trail, but our
own wonderful Halfmile, has put the entire PCT on the web for anyone to
download.  I've used them and they are great, but are of a closer view of
the trail, and won't have so many of the side trails available to you.  You
may want to look into the Nat. Geographic maps that give a really big
picture.  Either way, you can do the trail in August just as slow as you
want.  Spending time up there is what you want to do.  Hi recommendation for
Lake Ediza at the base of the Minarets, and Iceberg and Cecil Lakes, a day
hike from there.  You will look eye level across the upper lake and watch
the clouds blow by.  Thor, Zeus, (you pick your tradition) could be standing
on the peaks.

Fabulous!

Shroomer