[pct-l] Knee replacement

rickandurs at juno.com rickandurs at juno.com
Thu Jul 14 22:42:00 CDT 2011

Sharon, my husband has had both knees replaced in the last 3 years. We are thru PCT hikers (years ago) and continue to be big hikers.  He was out starting to hike by 4 months post op.  Just do all your excesses, no matter how hard it may be or hurt, keep positive and when you feel ready start out on easy hikes and work up from there. There is no reason you can't get out and continue to hike as you have in the past if your health is good and you have the motivation.  Good luck on your surgery and remember,  hike on! Ursula