[pct-l] PCT thru timing for 2012

ron guay ron.a.guay2 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 10:18:30 CDT 2011

I just want to add my two sense...considering I am a current thru in a very
high snow year who just went through TM to Echo Lake (I also have no
monetary stake in this)

I would much rather have miles and miles of clear trail than miles and miles
of snow.  I would rather cross a few difficult streams without snow bridges
if it meant clear trail.

The psychological factor snow plays on hikers is huge...even if they have a
GPS with tracks...and the snow is easy to hike on...etc.

In my humble opinion...March or early April is too soon.  I've heard of
thrus breaking down and screaming because of this years snow..."F the snow!
F the snow!" (Funny)...and others who took the snow course(s) and who are
still skipping trail.

Right now we just want the snow to end, but we hear it may be another 200
miles before that happens...I can't imagine if we started a month earlier!