[pct-l] Hidden Gems of Bridgeport

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon Jul 11 20:09:53 CDT 2011

On Jul 11, 2011, at 10:00 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Kennedy Meadows North was great for me too.  Got a quick hitch
> there from two great gay guys from SF.

I went to Kennedy Meadows North, too. But I got there the hard way: I
got lost. I was so turned around I couldn't find the trail and ended
up going over Emigrant Pass cross country. Then a trail appeared and
I thought I was on the PCT. But miles and miles later, and after
recognizing the shape of Kennedy Lake, I realized I wasn't on the
PCT. But I knew I'd be eating ice cream by 1pm so it wasn't so bad.
Plenty of ice cream at Kennedy Meadows North. I had two different kinds!