[pct-l] Ebbitts Pass

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 11 20:05:26 CDT 2011

Shepherd,

I will appreciate any info that you can send.  My horse will have crampons (small titanium studs) for better traction and longer wear of the shoes.  They only stick out about one tenth inch.  I will avoid snow when it is on a STEEP slope. That
 is the kind of info that I need.  I may delay my start until as late as August 15 if necessary. Large down trees and boulder slides with no way around would also be good to know about.  I take detours when they are necessary.

I have ridden north to Canada from Sierra City.  A Section of your planned route north to Ashland that you should get current info on if you stop at Etna is Section Q.  I think there might be lots of snow in a couple of places - - - always depending on the melt and when you get there.  Also be aware that there might be some bold bears visiting camps along Grider Creek south of Seiad Valley.  A few years back one was so aggressive that he had to be shot.

Perhaps we will meet on the trail.

MemdoRider