[pct-l] Bear canisters required after Bridgeport?

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 12:57:11 CDT 2011

Nowhere north of Yosemite.  Most folks end up carrying them to Sonora Pass
as there is no place so send them from the northern boundary of the national
park until Bridgeport or KM North.  Some get rid of them at Tuolumne
Meadows, but they risk a fine by the NP Rangers, and possible losing their
food to a bear, and then there's the usually long discussion on the List of
what our food does to the poor ruined bears who learn to feed off us hikers.
 Bad scene for the bear, and the hikers behind them for years.

Shroomer