[pct-l] Suiattle River Bridge

Keith Kurko kwkurko at comcast.net
Tue Jul 5 22:06:08 CDT 2011

Hi Cozy,

I was in the Seattle REI flagship store last week, and I asked the Forest
Service employee behind the info desk about the status of the new Suiattle
River Bridge.  He told me that the plan was to complete its construction
this year, and that it was already partly finished.  As to exactly when it
would be complete, he was not sure.

I would imagine that it will probably be sometime in August because in the
Glacier Peak Wilderness most remote trail maintenance is dependent on horses
to carry in the equipment and trail crews (although I am sure that they
probably made an exception and used a helicopter for the massive bridge
girders and any other unusually large hardware).  And with the huge snowpack
up here this year, horses would probably have trouble before that.

Here is an article published last October in the Seattle Times about the new
bridge.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/outdoors/2013270714_nwwtrail28.html

Cheers,
WetLoon