[pct-l] Snow Classes this weekend

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Tue Jul 5 15:25:17 CDT 2011

Ewa,

Mountain Education will be offering Snow/Mountain Skills Courses this month:
- July 8th and 9th, 19 miles above and below timberline
- July 14, 15, 16, 22 miles, challenging terrain, higher altitude
- July 22nd and 23rd, 19 miles, challenging terrain, higher altitude

There is still lots of snow above 8,000 feet and these courses will help you with your navigation, snow travel, and snow safety skills, even now! We will hike over dry trail where we can find it, climb the drifts and navigate through the trees where we must, and traverse the snow slopes where there is no safer way to follow the trail. Everything else we teach you along the way will build upon your Mountain Basic, summer skills you already have. All of this will keep you better prepared for any snow trip, spring hike, or summer backpacking outing you may have in your future.

There are no detailed Course Descriptions at this point. If you can make the first one, let us know and we'll update you regarding what you need to bring. If you can't, consider the other dates.

"Just remember, Be Careful out there!"

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education
1106A Ski Run Blvd