[pct-l] Reaction to Hikers

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 12:36:53 CDT 2011

Count me as one of those.   While I hit a stream or lake for a swim quite
often - actually whenever I could.  I kind of enjoyed the earthness of the
thru hiking lack of showers.  Of course showers always felt great once you
were able to actually get one.

Most thru hikers can tell you stories of how they can sometimes smell
weekend and day hikers before they see them.  They have a soapy/perfumey
kind of smell.   I would not be surprised if this worked the other way too.

Day-Late (who god forbid has gone more that a week without a shower)