[pct-l] Belden to Chester Snow Report.

-Mountain Goat- themtgoat at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 4 02:51:04 CDT 2011

Saturday, I drove (almost) to Cold Springs, between Belden and Chester. (this is 6 miles North of Poison Springs).

There is very significant snow both North and South of Cold Springs 6,500'. I went North about 3 miles, and the snow varied from 2' to 7' deep. Trail finding became difficult, so after 3 miles, I turned back. The snow is melting fast, but...

I Suggest waiting at least 2 weeks before hiking Belden to Chester Section of trail. Even after 2 weeks, expect large but manageable snow patches.
-Mountain Goat-

p.s. I attempted to drive to cold springs, but had to walk the last 4
miles, although it will likely be drivable to the Springs in about a week, due to the high temperatures and fast snow melt.