[pct-l] Trailhacker is on the trail - Section C

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sun Jul 3 18:36:22 CDT 2011

Trailhacker made it out. The temperatures out there were around 115.
It was just too hot to hike from Whitewater to Mission Creek!
Trailhacker spent the whole day chilling in Mission Creek (literally)
and sitting under a shelter made of drift wood. He then hiked out
part way in the evening and the rest of the way in the morning.

I suppose we are in the midst of a little heat wave, but anybody
planning to start at Campo this month may want to consider starting
their hike elsewhere. Either that or consider that the reality is
that you will have a few hours of evening and morning hiking that is
comfortable (70s-90s) and then the vast majority of the day (from 9
or 10AM to sunset) is in the high 90s to low 100s and possibly, if we
get another high pressure system, up to the mid-110s.