[pct-l] Grizzly

bighummel at aol.com bighummel at aol.com
Sun Jul 3 12:43:43 CDT 2011

Mike Ross; a 1975 thru-hiker, told me in 1976 that he saw grizzly footprints following him impressed in an inch of snow when he made a wrong turn and backtracked just a day south of the border. I retold this story to Paul Hacker on our last night, a day shy of the border, in 1977. We had the biggest fire of the hike that night and didn't get much sleep, having freaked ourselves out!

Greg Hummel

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious
privilege it is to be alive - to breath, to think, to enjoy, to love.
                                                                                  ~ Marcus Aurelius