[pct-l] Which GPS?

Halfmile list at lon.net
Sat Jul 2 11:48:23 CDT 2011

Puddlejumper and Shepherd,
I usually recommend the Garmin Dakota 20 GPS for hikers but the Etrex
models (with HCx in the name) are good too. The main difference is the
the Dakota 20 has the capability to display large amounts of track
data.

The Garmin maps (all maps, actually) are not always accurate, but you
can overlay my GPS data on top of them for very accurate PCT location
data.

I have some info about how to setup your GPS here:
http://www.pctmap.net/gps/index.html

-Halfmile