[pct-l] Columbia River to border this year

JOHN F PATTERSON yuppatt at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 1 17:50:01 CDT 2011

Older. Hope start within two weeks at Cascade Locks to finish PCT. Flew (Jet
Blue) from Long Beach to Portland, Thursday. Wow. Happen to LOVE J.B. Our pilot
took us right up the spine pf the Sierra and I was on the east window. From
40,000 feet easily saw Bridal Vail Falls as we passed just west of Y. Looking
right up the valley of the Merced! All reservoirs and lakes straining their
outflow capacities it appeared; broad white lines at the end of each body of
water, that is if they weren't still ice bound and snow covered. So much snow.
Got lost skirting Mt Hood (on PCT) a few years ago as to snow; was even early
August and I waren't alone. I will be following all the reports. Be safe out
there- be safe out there!
Rafter Jack