[pct-l] Thunder Storms

Mike Chapman altathunder76 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 09:37:22 CST 2011

Well last night I was finishing an all day trek(around 9pm),about 3
miles from home. The night sky lit up like crazy and a bolt with about
5-10 strikes slammed the ground,the sound was the loudest ive ever
heard,one after another. It looked and sounded like huge bombs going
off! This was something I have not planned for,and was easy to forget
till last night. It scared the %$#@ out of me and got me nervous about
strikes in the high country or desert. Whats the best thing to do if
this was to happen on the trail? Do I stay under trees? Do I run from
the trees? Any close call storys?