[pct-l] Partner

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 00:40:54 CST 2011

Hi Jamie,

They're both right.  If you start within a few weeks either way of Kickoff,
you will only be alone when you want to be.  I knew a number of solo female
hikers, and solo male hikers for that matter, me being one, who virtually
never hiked alone.  The trail is peopled with some of the finest folks you
will ever meet and live in close proximity to.  Golden Child, Motor, Gramma
Lissa, Montana, Amoeba, and the list goes on, were all solo female hikers
last year who had wonderful hikes.  No need to be paranoid, the trail
community is simply a great bunch of people.  If you hook up with someone on
the list to start with, all the better, but guaranteed, you will not be
alone even on your first night.

Shroomer