[pct-l] Clothing questions...et al...

Steven dvsteven dvsteven at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 28 17:33:05 CST 2011

So my PCT friends...

What long sleeved pants, shirts do you recommend?

Always love the replies...

Flying Tortoise

Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 17:29:43 -0600
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Clothing questions...et al...
From: bmcginnity at gmail.com
To: gwtmp01 at mac.com
CC: dvsteven at hotmail.com; pct-l at backcountry.net

I'd say yeah, pants will be a good idea. It's constant sun exposure out there, and if you have any likelihood of burning I'd cover up (I will be myself, for sure). And I agree , don't worry about planning your zeros. Your body will tell you when you need them.

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 4:48 PM, Gary Wright <gwtmp01 at mac.com> wrote:

On Jan 28, 2011, at 5:06 PM, Steven dvsteven wrote:
> My 3 big zeroes (2 days each) are Mojave, Bend Oregon (to take some IT tests) and another tbd.

Mojave seems like a strange place to take two days off.  Other choices around there: Agua Dulce, Kennedy Meadows, Lone Pine.

Unless you have specific activities (such as your IT tests) you decision to nero, zero, or double-zero is generally going to be made while you are on the trail.

I'm a big fan of planning ahead, even in detail, but just don't lock yourself into the plan once you are on the trail.

“No Battle Plan Survives Contact With the Enemy”, German military strategist Helmuth von Moltke.

“Plans are nothing; planning is everything.”, Dwight D. Eisenhower

Radar

To unsubcribe, or change options visit:

List Archives:

--