[pct-l] ZPacks HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter

John Abela pacificcresttrail2011 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 17:04:19 CST 2011

Hey All,

Joe from ZPacks just sent me an email a few minutes ago.

He has just released his latest version of his "Hexamid Solo Tent"... only
this version has a full bathtub instead of being all bug-netting.

He is calling it the "HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter" and it is 100% cuben fiber
and bug netting.

He and I (and a few other guys) have been working on this for a few months.
My main goal in the design process was to get a nice high bathtub - like the
HMG Echo 1 - and Joe ended up going with a 6-inch high bathtub.

Now for the crazy part....

He has two different weight of CF bathtub materials... the one with the
light weight CF bathtub hits the scales at 6.8 ounces!!

The heavier of the CF bathtub (1.26 oz/sqyd) hits the scale at 8.3 ounces!

All tricked out with an extended beak and an extra cf ground cloth and you
are at 11.1 ounces (315 grams) -- for a double-wall solo tent!!

Priced at just under $200 bucks.

My beloved HMG Echo 1 (priced at $490) hits the scale at 21-ounces so Joe
has done an amazing job here!

It beats out the GG 'The One' which is 16.2 oz. (224 g.) and just edges out
by one ounce the MLD setup which is 13-oz.

As soon as I can get one shipped out to me I will write up a review and do a
video on it. It has serious potential to be filling a nitch for those
looking for a setup such as this.

John