[pct-l] PCT Bear Canister Loan Program - Request for Donations

Jason Moores jmmoores1 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 00:04:38 CST 2011

Last year we were told by locals and hikers that 3 black bears had been
released into the Upper Mission Creek drainage. We met a few hikers who
claimed to have spotted a bear retreating into the rocks. Even if these
stories are true I wouldn't be concerned. The bears would have little
interest in, and would likely fear, you. In the unlikely scenario that you
lose your food to a bear in this area, you would only be a days walk from
the Whitewater Trout Hachery or back up to the highway at Onyx summit.
Personally I would love to see a bear roaming around in Mission Creek, it
would break up the monotony of the shadeless burn area.

Jackass