[pct-l] Best Books to Read

hetchhetchyman at aol.com hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Mon Jan 24 18:16:19 CST 2011

The thread got me thinking. (always a scary prospect)

My first PCT related book, I read back in 1991 was Journey on the Crest by Cindy Ross.
I read that book in preparation for my (aborted)PCT thru hike attempt in 1992.

The Thru Hikers Hand Book by Ray Jardine.

Other Great Trail related Books I have read recently:
Thru Hikers Heart by Ray Eccles   (PCT)
Hiking Through by Paul Stutzman (AT)
The Last Season (story of Randy Morgensen) by Eric Blehm (Sierra)
Walking the Appalachian trail by Larry Luxemborg  (AT)
Long Distance Hiking by Roland Mueser  (Triple Crown)
A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson  (AT)
Crossing the Divide by Richard Mallery (CDT)
Men for the Mountains by Sid Marty (CDT in Canada)

(I am kinda a data geek and.. Yes, I was in Chess club in High School)
-Iceaxe