[pct-l] Having PCT-L email problems? - a remedy 'suggestion' using your browser...

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Fri Jan 21 11:29:24 CST 2011

Many have 'complained' (via posting to the list) about not receiving emails from the list...
Seems the problem lies in not receiving list emails through certain providers, either email or ISPs...

A suggestion - use the online 'archive' instead, and bookmark the current month in your browser...
(This has appeared in various forms before on the list in the 'distant' past)

Scroll down and click on "Unsubscribe or edit options"...
First 'option' is "Mail delivery" - click the "Disabled" button...
Scroll down & click on "Submit My Changes"...

Click on "January 2011: ... [Date]" - save/bookmark the page...
If your browser is set to remember a few days 'history', posts that you have read online during that time frame should be shown as such...

There are many 'pluses' to doing the above:
No email 'inbox' logjam...
If you get 'digest' emails, I find it easier & faster using the current month archive instead...
Not interested in a certain 'subject' or 'thread'? - don't open or read it...
Not interested in what a certain 'author' has to say? - don't open or read it...
You are STILL a list member and can still POST to the list - just do a little 'copy & paste' when replying to a subject in your email to "pct-l at backcountry dot net"...

I've found that it is much more convenient (for me) to get my pct-l (& PCT) addiction 'fix' that way!  ;-)

Happy trails!!!
Jim (PITA)