[pct-l] stoves?

Kevin Cook hikelite at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 11:22:29 CST 2011

@Gerry, did water put it out? Since alcohol is lighter than water, I would
think it would just float and continue burning?

@Ed, my soda can stove will simmer. I just put a piece of tin foil over the
top that blocks most of the burner holes. I actually stopped using the
simmer cover when I started cooking in bags. When a recipe called for
simmering, I can usually just pour in the boiling water and let it "cook" in
the bag. YMMV :)

I'm a bit of a soda can stove evangelist though. I can ppreciate the
convenience of a canister stove, but I prefer the simplicity and lightweight
of my alcohol stove.