[pct-l] Thru hiking couples

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Jan 19 17:02:21 CST 2011

Trailhacker and I came up with a great idea for a thru-hike. We could
tag-team it. One of us can drive and the other can hike. We can go up
the trail every other section this way. He hikes Section A, I drive.
I hike Section B, he drives. We do that one year, and then do it
again the next so we each can do the other sections. Some of the time
we could probably arrange to hike sections together, too.

That way we don't have to get on each other's nerves, we get to rest
between sections without zero days (the team makes continuous forward
progress up the trail even as the individual gets several zero days),
we get to do trail angeling between sections, we each get two kinds
of adventures for the price of one, and hiking separately and sharing
our stories with each other, we sort of get two hikes for the price
of one--two years in a row.

I don't know if we'll do it, but it sounded really cool to me.