[pct-l] Acclimation to altitude

Gerry Zamora gerry0625 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 21:37:47 CST 2011

Wow sucks to be so close yet so far.  Thank you I have been worried but I
have ne er had trouble with altitude before I have a place in bishop I stay
part of the summer and I snow board in mammoth all winter and have spent
countless night above 7000-10000ft before maybe aclil life headed but
normaly goes away after a day.  I think its important to recognize the
symptoms and react accordingly.
Gerry0625
On Jan 18, 2011 7:20 PM, "Jim Keener ( J J )" <pct2010 at ridgetrailhiker.com>
wrote:
> Gerry,
>
> In 2004, I had no problem with high elevation, taking two passes and 24
miles in one day in the Sierra. But. By 2008, with then unknown to me atrial
fibrillation, that had changed. Going up the Mission Creek drainage - near
where you plan to start - I had significant problems. A fellow who is a
mountaineering guide in Alaska diagnosed it as altitude sickness. No energy,
nausea. Of significance is that I had hiked the PCT up to there.