[pct-l] Stream crossings

albert at survivalcrafters.com albert at survivalcrafters.com
Tue Jan 18 18:34:37 CST 2011

I wasn't sure either but I've got to quit watching those "I Survived" type
shows. I saw one the other night where they were walking on snow in a
crevasse prone area so they tied themselves together for protection.
Unfortunately the lead man did fall into one and dragged his friend to his
death. The lead man lived because his friend slowed his fall enough with his
ice axe before he went over the edge himself.

Obviously not a realistic scenario for the PCT from the responses I've read
but I wanted to check to make sure. I'll probably carry 10 or 15 feet of it
like Kevin mentioned for around camp use and repairs.

Albert