[pct-l] buying new light weight pack or using one of my older plastic or aluminum frame packs?

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 00:15:34 CST 2011

I used a number of external frame packs for most of my life, from rucksacks
to campmoors and keltys, and with the right belly band thought they were
pretty comfortable, (except for the army rucksack which sucked no matter
what) but none was as comfortable as the ULA Circuit I used this year.
 There have been big improvements in technology over the past designs.  But
if you love your pack, by all means use it, or use it up to kickoff and then
try on something new from the vendors.  If you decide to get something else,
they will ship your old pack home for you.  At least they did that for folks
last year I believe.

Shroomer