[pct-l] Tents: Lunar Duo or Double Rainbow

Hillary Schwirtlich hillary.schwirtlich at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 22:21:23 CST 2011

The extra $15 comes from buying stakes, which are not included. I was really
just asking, given these two very high quality tents, if there's a good
reason to spend the $65. And it also matters because we just came out of a
AmeriCorps gigs... so money isn't growing on trees for us. The $50 we spend
here and there eventually add up to $500 more than we intended to spend, and
may cause us to have to leave the trail early.

Having lived in the PNW for the last two years, I've spent plenty of wet
nets playing cards with hiking buddies, bent over in a tent. Some of those
hiking buddies are going to be hiking the PCT as well, so I see lots of
Eucher in my future. :) And the smaller tent is only .5 ounce lighter, so
that isn't too much of an issue, but you're right, the smaller footprint
would be nice.

Aaaagh, I feel like this is just going to come down to gut feeling...
Especially since Bob says the DR has been improved. So many good reviews
from experienced hikers on both tents. Thank you all!