[pct-l] Hiker smells... (lol)

Matthew Edwards Hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Wed Jan 12 21:54:33 CST 2011

I spent the first month on the PCT leapfroggin the same group of hikers.
I got used to their smell. When ever we met a different hiker I could smell
that person for a while even though I was immune to myself and my buddies stink.
It is kinda weird.
I think this might have been how primitive tribalism started.
There once was this happy group of stinky Neaderthal's and along came this stranger..
The group clubbed the stranger cause he was stinky and they took his supply of snickers bars
and only allowed him into the group after they grew accustomed to his smell.

Anyhow, I thought it was hilarious how we hikers go into town, shower, do laundry
and then put the same clothes back on.. the stink comes right back.
EMBRACE the FUNK should be the next Yogi book slogan.
By the way.. Yogi called it.. I could smell dayhikers LONG before I saw them.. I wonder what they smelled?

If there is a way to rid a our clothes, packs, and selves of Eau-de-hiker I haven't found it.
-Iceaxe