[pct-l] So. Calif. Desert Water Caches

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 12 17:47:55 CST 2011

if you're lucky you can ask someone hiking south as you see them  "was there
water at scissors"  some people hiking south to KO told us there was a stack of
water crates taller than me at scissors,  so we did count on that one ...  then
it turns out the stream there had water as well.

i guess 2010 isn't really the year to judge by ; )  hard to imagine all that
water ever getting used up.   these were crates of 6 gallon jugs, stacked taller
than me.  pioneer mail had only 1 gallon left in it;  but we went to julian from
there; so on our way back we put in about 3 gallons.  the trough at pioneer mail
was blood red and horrible smelling.  it almost made the trip to julian worth it
on it's own ; )

third gate cash was nearly empty though;  but someone had left some mini -
Gatorades there when we showed.  i can't imagine having to make that side trip,
it's like 6 miles; compared to ten to barrel spring.  would be a major bummer.
imho, better safe than sorry
~Paul