[pct-l] Tents: Lunar Duo or Double Rainbow

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 17:06:56 CST 2011

I haven't used the double rainbow, but it looks like it might provide a more
streamlined pitching for windy areas than the lunar duo, two sides of which
are a bit more verticle.  That being said, I've used the lunar duo on the
Wonderland, and West Coast trails, and elsewhere, and love it.  It did well
in lots of rain.  It pitches easiy, and taught, and I've never had so much
room.  Two normal size guys lived in it for weeks and always had room to
stow our pack at the bottom, beyond our feet.  Great head room, and all for
2.5lbs, if I'm remembering right.  I've used the Big Agnes two person tent,
and in my opinion it is too small for two.  I wouldn't hesitate at $65,
unless there is some real downside I'm not aware of with the lunar duo.
It's light, and a real pleasant home on trail, as you're never cramped.

Shroomer