[pct-l] Night lighting

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Tue Jan 11 19:23:44 CST 2011

I really like the 3oz 3AAA Black Diamond Spot, it has an incredible pencil
beam to point out the culprits making those frighting night time forest
noises. You'll see their eyes a mile away! I run it on lithium AAAs, which
last longer, and weigh less. I used it for my climb on Mt Rainier and it
worked perfect for hours. Petzl doesn't recommend lithium for their lights
which makes it a poor choice, imo.  I have also carried the 1oz Black
Diamond Ion, but it takes a pricey battery, but it has worked well for me.
I carry one of the little fingernail lights in my camera bag, weighs
nothing, as my backup; but I really don't like it for my nighttime
lifestyle.