[pct-l] Fw: Reunion - Half Dome 1st ascent

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 9 19:39:37 CST 2011

Ed,

Glen Dawson was about one-quarter century before our time. It would certainly
have been great if he could have been there. His first ascent of Whitney's east
face was led by Norman Clyde in 1931. We had invited several others who were
active during our era but were not able to join us. One was Gerry Gallwas, who
was also on the Half Dome first ascent with Mike Sherrick and Royal Robbins.

MendoRider