[pct-l] Drinking Water ...

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 22:46:07 CST 2011

For several days north of Tahoe, Freebird and I "wine tasted" our way
through every snow melt spring or stream we crossed, turning the whole
section into one big water glut. A sort of Napa/Sonoma/Mendocino, water
taste off.  Slight over flavors of humus and earth, a bit of moss in that
one, a hint of grass, and maybe an aroma of BBQ or chocolate in the next.  I
guess we were both loosing our minds at that point, but crazy can sure be
fun, and got a lot of the wet stuff down our gullets during that section.
 But they were also some of the most delicious streams I've ever imbibed.

When it isn't that tasty, any kind of powdered drink makes them palatable.
 It used to be Tang we all took on trail in the 60's to make sure we kept
drinking enough.

Shroomer