[pct-l] Drinking Water ...

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 7 21:32:36 CST 2011

Who here hates drinking water?

i've never liked it.  i'll go 3 weeks or more between tastes of water.  i get my
liquids from things like orange juice.

i see people on the trail who tank up at water sources and they'll drink a liter
of water.  i begin to gag after about three swallows of the stuff.

anyways my new years resolution is to train myself to drink water.  i'm actually
making myself drink a bottle of water before i can open a beer after work ; )
i'm hoping i can get myself to the point that i can drink insane amounts like
the other people i saw out there.

... the funny thing is,  on the trail; i guess my body knew i needed it because
i didn't have a problem drinking water as long as i did it slowly.

Does it really save anything to sit and drink 2 liters of water at a water
source?  the weight is still in you (your belly etc) ... does your body process
it just as efficiently?  do you guys tank up before a long dry stretch?  how
much water do you down before you move on?

thanks for the info,
~Paul