[pct-l] Buzzworm BBQ

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 16:50:23 CST 2011

Here's a shout out to Andrea Dinsmore.  Take a look at Piper's picture of
Trail Hacker and the chanterelles.  Those are the Cantharelus Californicus
variety, whereas the big bag you had while I was staying with you were the
smaller variety, Cantharelus Cibarius.  Now, what we gain in size, you guys
gain in flavor.  The little WA chanterelles are more delicate and have a
stronger apricot aroma.  Yours is a finer mushroom all around, but we can
eat ours like steak, and they're wonderful.  It's because of the size of
them down here that I had been able to pick the hundreds of pounds of them
last winter.  Thanks again for your wonderful hospitality you guys are the
best!  New hikers have a treat just down the hill from Steven's Pass to look
forward to.

Piper, you should post the picture of your dinner so Jackass can see the
possibilities for a dinner of shrooms and buzzworm meat.  Rattler probably
would taste like scallops if he cooked 'em.

Shroomer