[pct-l] Mt Whitney Permit

Gerry Zamora gerry0625 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 18:34:57 CST 2011

Im pretty sure if you go to PCTA.ORG you can apply for a thru hike pass
which is along the whole trail and its free.  Otherwise I believe you have
to get a pass from the forrest service for the section your going to hike in
this case mt Whitney.  Seems like gettig the thru pass is just easier and I
think u can do it thru the mail.
Gerry
On Jan 5, 2011 2:57 PM, "Gregory Wilson" <banditsquirrel at hotmail.com> wrote:

>>From what I've read from the website, it seems that it is mandatory that I
pick up a permit in
> Lone Pine before I ascend Mt. Whitney, regardless if I am coming from the
Muir Trail or the Whitney portal.
> Does anyone know if there is a way get a permit without having to go to
Lone Pine? My plan was to go from
> Kennedy Meadows and resupply at Muir Trail Ranch, without having to drop
off the mountains for anything.