[pct-l] Fixing a leaky water bladder

Nathan Miller erccmacfitheal at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 19:49:29 CST 2011

I have an older Lowe 2.5 L water bladder.  It sprung a leak where the body of the bladder seals to the plastic collar to which the hose screws.  Is there a way to seal this?  I mentioned Plumbers Goop to a gal at REI and she just about had a coronary (okay, slight exaggeration, but she clearly both thought and felt that this was a terrible idea).  I'd tried carrying the bottle upright as I hiked, but the leak let air into it and interfered with the suction through the hose (for some reason, my Sawyer filter doesn't suck air well, so it tends to cause suction problems if air gets into the line).  I imagine this sort of thing happens regularly and that some of you have solutions.

-Nate the Trail Zombie