[pct-l] My plans,in a nutshell

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 12:16:00 CST 2011

The really heavy loads of food happened last year in the High Sierra where
the going was really slow, and hard, due to very little melt off, and deep
snow.  People just ate more than they had planned for and had to exit early
at Kearsarge, thinking they had enough to make it to VVR, but having only
half enough.  Hearing the stories, my group planned on 9 days of food from
Kearsarge to VVR, and actually had too much, by a day or two.  Most of the
way, your understanding of your own caloric needs will probably be correct.
 If the snow pack we have now in the Southern Sierra stays put into June
however, plan for a lot more food than you use in the deserts.

Shroomer