[pct-l] trail angels: where do we need one that we don'thave one?

Timothy Nye timpnye at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 21:10:34 CST 2011

In '05 I couldn't catch a hitch into Sisters to save my life.  After 4 hours
of being ignored by the predominantly tourist oriented traffic, and with the
traffic leaving the adjoining campground heading west, rather than east to
Sisters, I started walking.  After about 5 miles I got picked up by two
carnies in a pickup; guess who sat in the middle.  The funny thing was that
they apologized for not having bathed for five days while at a carnival.  I
couldn't smell a thing and I believe the same was true for them.