[pct-l] NOT shoes...

Kevin hikelite at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 16:07:31 CST 2011

So I'm put in my "backyard" hiking in the snow. I know this fluffy winter stuff isn't like the spring snow I'll see next year. I'm wearing boots, but plan to wear runners on the PCT.

What kind of socks do people wear with their trail runners?

When backpacking, I go the traditional route of thin liner and thick outer socks. This works well with boots, but it seems it would be too bulky in my running shoes.

If I was wearing runners now, my feet would be freeIng! But again, the foot of fluffy powder is not the same as what I'm expecting in a few months.

Hmm almost wrote next year. My hike us now this year!!! Woohooo

110 days until I'm on the trail. It's gonna fly by!

Misspellings and typos brought to you by iPhone.