[pct-l] Montbell sleeping bags

Bill Burge bill at burge.com
Sat Jan 1 14:37:41 CST 2011

While Paul's data IS very interesting (I enjoyed it when it was originally posted); the weather info from one year can mean little to nothing about how to prepare the next year.  It's part of what makes preparation so challenging for this endeavor.

In sections where the status of water caches may be critical during one year, there is freezing rain the next.

As others have stated, things like calorie management, also play a role.  Sleep is an amazing dynamic that I've become very acquainted with in my personal history and relating to my profession - and I still haven't figured it out to my satisfaction!  :-)

BillB