[pct-l] How to get into "Thru-hiker" shape by KO

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sun Feb 27 00:26:46 CST 2011

Hi gang,
Trying to get into "Thru-hiker" shape for the KO, but running out of time?
Before I sign off, I would like to share with you my  "top secret" formula
on how to get into record breaking hiking shape in time for the KO...it worked
for me on my JMT record attempts in 2003&   2004.

OK gang.....here is what you do:
You simply sit down on your favorite couch until you feel a strong calorie urge.
Then, at a brisk pace, walk to the  "Frig", open the door, down one of
your favorite beers.
Then, again at a brisk pace, walk back to the couch, sit down, and wait
for the next calorie urge.
Repeat the above, as often as necessary, until you are in  "Thru-hiker" shape.

See you all at the KO.

JMT Reinhold
The  "Couch to Frig Yo-Yo"  record holder