[pct-l] Trail Jokes

Brandon Reed brandon.reed2008 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 26 16:54:32 CST 2011

One day a hiker was lying in a beautiful meadow, with his feet propped up on a
rock. He was enjoying the warmth of the afternoon sun and the prospect of
finishing a long thru-hike.

About that time, a businessman came walking down the trail, trying to relieve
some of the stress of his workday. He noticed the hiker sitting in the meadow
and decided to find out why this hiker was resting instead of working harder to
make a living for himself and his family.

"You aren't going to get far that way," said the businessman to the hiker, "you
should be working rather than lying in this meadow!"

The hiker looked up at the businessman, smiled and replied, "And what will my
reward be?"

"Well, you can get a lighter backpack to hike further!" was the businessman's
answer.

"And then what will my reward be?" asked the hiker, still smiling.

The businessman replied, "You will make money and you'll be able to buy a
matching set of light weight trekking poles, which will then result in further
miles!" "And then what will my reward be?" asked the hiker again.

The businessman was beginning to get a little irritated with the hiker's
questions. "You can buy better gear, and an expensive GPS to help you navigate!"
he said.

"And then what will my reward be?" repeated the hiker.

The businessman was getting angry. "Don't you understand? You can buy the most
expensive gear, hike all over the world, and hire some people to carry your load
if you wanted to!"

Once again the hiker asked, "And then what will my reward be?"

The businessman was red with rage and shouted at the hiker, "Don't you
understand that you can become so rich that you will never have to work for your
living again! You can spend all the rest of your days sitting in a meadow,
looking at the sunset. You won't have a care in the world!"

The hiker, still smiling, looked up and said, "And what do you think I'm doing
right now?"