[pct-l] Meetin' my girl

Tony Shields tone.shields at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 15:46:58 CST 2011

Hey all,

Just looking for some input from people who have thru-hiked before-

I am planning on leaving Campo on may 5th, and try to meet my fiance
somewhere along the trail for a week rest and visit.

I am currently thinking of having her fly into Reno, and either renting a
car and driving to Soda springs, or I could hitch hike into Reno from there.

Has anyone tried to do this before?
How reasonable is it to meet someone on the trail and get there when
planned?
When is a good bet for a date to arrive in Soda Springs?
Is there another location that might work better?

I know this is vague, but any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Tony