[pct-l] take care of your angels! don't be an ass

Timothy Nye timpnye at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 16:57:12 CST 2011

Well said, Sugar Mama.

I've been on both sides of this equation over the last couple of years.  I
have to say that in my experience it is rare for a hiker to offer any
financial help at a trail head (food/rides) absent there being a sign or a
donation jar (as at Casa Herrera), but then there were several who I felt
could least afford it that left me feeling bad if I didn't accept something
from them after repeated offers when I really didn't want to take their
money.

No sign: 20% offered

Sign: 80%

I think her suggested figures are spot on.