[pct-l] loading Halfmile maps and waypoints in Droid X

ron guay ron.a.guay2 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 13:24:25 CST 2011

Device:
Moto Droid (FRG83D - Cyanogen Mod 6.1.2....overclocked to 800Ghz)

Battery Stuff:
a) IMP 1000 from New Trent
b) OverClockWidget app to control the speed (CPU power consumpttion) of the
Droid depending if the screen is off or on...off...384Mhz...on...800Mhz.
You could also use setCPU app.
c)Plan to go Airplane mode most of the time

Maps:
a)Halfmile e-maps (both waypoints and tracks....with extras and detours)
loaded into BCN app.
b) Basic paper maps from the PCTA wilderness books.  May print and add
databook info from Postholer.com...great for quick reference...water...etc

GPS:
I expect to have signals for most of the trail...same as Garmin...etc

Obviously this is fun and all, but I'm a little risk averse so I also plan
to bring a seperate compass...etc.