[pct-l] singing the ultralight blues

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Feb 23 09:14:32 CST 2011

I actually do not have any remorse stories. Before I had ultralight
gear I saved weight by going without. So I have stories of being
rained on in tube tents, being rained on because I had no tent and I
still don't own a rain jacket, although I finally have rain pants and
actually carry them even on day hikes.

For me going ultralight was a step up in gear and a step down in
weight. I saved enough weight getting a good sleeping bag that I
could add in a tent and still be down a pound. Warm AND dry at night!
What a concept!