[pct-l] Stitches

Kathi pogo at pctwalker.com
Tue Feb 22 21:42:50 CST 2011

Another option is to use Steri-strips as your "suture" kit. Doesn't hurt
like sewing up your own flesh... OUCH! and it will be able to drain if
needed and with a bandage should stay nice and clean. I had a surgery a
year ago and had an 8.5 inch (long) incision and they only used
steri-strips to close it up. No stitches! I thought that was kinda weird
but it worked great and my scaring is actually not too bad all
considered. If you already have superglue you could use that to put on
the edges of the steri-strips to keep them from slipping or use Benzoin
Tincture which is what the surgeons use.

Kathi