[pct-l] SPOT Alternatives

ron guay ron.a.guay2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 14:49:43 CST 2011

Those with android devices... Consider using backcountry navigator... It
allows you to import gpx data... and download maps off-line... I have my
phone setup with the entire p c t... using my topo maps and half miles
data... his way points and track data.  In theory this should be cool...
since I can see all the water icons trail junctions..etc... relative to my
location.  It is a lot of work... but it was fun...

However,  in practice this could all fail... and that is why I have packets
of paper data... as described in yogi's handbook.

If you want to record tracks/waypoints...you may want to
consider...oruxmaps. The apps take a bit to get comfortable using... take
your time.

(Typed using google voice)