[pct-l] stitches

Janet Grossman janetgr at Cableone.net
Tue Feb 22 12:41:21 CST 2011

The other thing to think about is, if you're hiking solo, whether you
have something reflective enough to see any injuries to places like your
face. I walked into a tree branch (that I knew was there) last year when
taking down my tent. The gash to my forehead bled like crazy, so I
figured it was just a flesh wound. I cleaned it and applied pressure
until it stopped bleeding. But I had no way of being sure until I ran
into somebody hiking the other way about 6 hours later. Something to
think about.
Janet